A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide. Web hosting are companies that provide space on a server they own or lease at use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Hosting can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers that do not have to be located in their data center, called colocation.
The scope of hosting web varies widely. The most basic is webpage and small files, where files can be uploaded via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or a web interface. The files are usually delivered to the Web 'as is' or with little processing power. Many Internet service providers (ISPs) offer this service free to their subscribers. People can also obtain Web page hosting from other, alternative service providers. Personal web site hosting is typically free, with ads sponsored, or cheap. Business web host often has a higher cost. The choice of hosting has its importance in seo. With the introduction of the speed factor among the most important factors in ranking on Google, the speed of loading of a site is key to high rankings on search engines. There are several types of hosting web:
* Windows Hosting: When it comes to Windows hosting means that the server has the Microsoft Windows operating system, and consequently can be installed only programs written to run on Windows. The hosting and Windows' recommended if you plan to build a website in ASP (Active Server Pages), if you want to use FrontPage Extensions, or if you have the desire to use to use databases such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server;
* Linux Hosting: The server has the Linux operating system, costs less than Windows hosting as it does not require business licenses and above and 'much more' stable and secure;
* ASP: acronym for Active Server Pages, and 'scripting technology created by Microsoft that allows you to create HTML pages from dynamic pages;
* Frontpage: Microsoft program dedicated to the creation of websites;
* PHP server-side programming language capable of dynamic pages of all types and sizes;
* Cold Fusion script developed by Macromedia (now acquired by Adobe) to automatically build dynamic pages;
* Secure Server: technology that allows transmission of encrypted data.